Ever feel like you’re tolerating shitty behavior, shouldering the burden of being the ‘therapist’ in the relationship, or constantly giving to others (and talking yourself out of your own needs)?
Valuing ourselves and having confidence in our boundaries is key to getting more of what you want and less of what you don’t want – especially in relationship.
Danielle Laporte is an expert at helping women find their ‘white hot truth’. She’s got a gift for translating spirituality, self-help and ‘new age’ thinking into something more palatable for women who are growth-oriented and wanting more in their lives.
In this episode, we cover why it’s a bad idea to be the therapist in the relationship, boundaries, feeling inadequate (and the lies that the ‘new age’ world sell us), thinking that we’re asking ‘too much,’ how to value yourself and much more.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Danielle’s story [11:00]
- The difference between someone who learns from their pain vs someone who stays stuck [18:00]
- How encouragement through childhood shapes who we grow into [19:00]
- The trap of believing you’re ‘not enough’ and what Danielle calls the ‘Lie of Inadequacy’ [29:00]
- The issue of inadequacy in relationship and what to do to counter feeling ‘not enough’ [36:00]
- What is the “Spiritual Woman Trap”? [38:00]
- Working with the inner-child to move toward wholeness [46:00]
- Why boundaries matter to the growth-oriented person [47:00]
- The ‘Poly movement’ – do open relationships work? [60:00]
- Advice for men, women, and parents [66:00]
- Book: White Hot Truth
- Danielle’s Instagram
- Danielle’s website
- Danielle’s Facebook
- Roots Community
- The Relationship School®
- Facebook – Jayson Gaddis Fan Page
CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS AND LINKS
1. Leave a podcast review and send in a screenshot
2. Be a member of the Jayson Gaddis Smart Couple Group on Facebook
3. Follow @jaysongaddis on Instagram
4. Comment on an Instagram post and send in a screenshot
5. Post a 1 min or less video in the Smart Couple Group (make sure the video is under 1 minute to qualify) telling us which podcast episode so far has been your favorite and why, and also why you want to come to the Relationship School Live Weekend.
– The deadline is midnight Saturday, August 5.
- Relationship School Live Weekend
- Jayson Gaddis Smart Couple Group
- How to Leave A Podcast Review
- Jayson Gaddis Instagram
Danielle LaPorte is an invited member of Oprah’s SuperSoul 100, a group who, in Oprah Winfrey’s words, “is uniquely connecting the world together with a spiritual energy that matters.”
She is author of White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path-from one seeker to another. The Fire Starter Sessions, and The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul – the book that has been translated into 8 languages, evolved into a yearly day planner system, a top 10 iTunes app, and an international workshop program with licensed facilitators in 15 countries.
Named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes, millions of visitors go to DanielleLaPorte.com every month for her daily #Truthbombs and what’s been called “the best place online for kickass spirituality.”
A speaker, a poet, a painter, and a former business strategist and Washington-DC think tank exec, Entrepreneur Magazine calls Danielle, “equal parts poet and entrepreneurial badass…edgy, contrarian…loving and inspired.” Her charities of choice are Eve Ensler’s VDay: a global movement to end violence against women and girls, and charity: water, setting out to bring safe drinking water to everyone in the world. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her favourite philosopher, her son.
You can find her @daniellelaporte and just about everywhere on social media